Friday, February 08, 2008

English Town in Jangseong


This was my winter "camp", which lasted eight days in January while I was officially on vacation. The camp just opened (our kids were the first and second groups through.) It was a lot of fun. We had three groups of ten, and six teachers, so the student-teacher ratios were fantastic and the kids were enthusiastic and well behaved. The first week was a group of grade five students and the second week was grade six. The whole concept is role playing in settings designed to imitate life, for example a restaurant or an airplane. Since it was brand new, we had a lot of flexibility in deciding what to do with our classes, beyond the suggested script.
Staying in Gwangju was a nice change, I had an aparetment to myself and was looking after a greyhound and enjoyed catching up with my friend Robert, who I'd met at back in August at orientation.























No comments: