Thursday, October 26, 2006


Tupac you rock the block

When I think of Tupac, I get a mixture of feelings. I’m happy that he left such a great legacy of music that just keeps coming. Tupac opened up the world of rap for me. I’m inspired by Tupac, because he was humble and he cared and that is truly rare. Yes, he made serious mistakes, but who hasn’t? He was still growing, as an artist, as a person, as an activist. I’m sad that the world lost what he could have become. Watch Resurrection if you get a chance, you’ll see for yourself that the Tupac phenomena is about class struggle and about talking about things that are usually kept quiet. Tupac was brutally honest about what it is to be poor in America. The mainstream media hated Tupac, (he is crucified by the media on his cd cover) because it was so easy to equate him simply with violence, crass lyrics and raw rage. I wish his story had a happier ending.
The Internet community is definitely keeping his memory alive, ten years after Tupac was shot. That alone says a lot about how communication has changed in this generation. (Interesting link between community and communication) All you Tupac fans out there let’s keep the love alive.
Write rap and rap right. Peace out.

No comments: